THE DEFINITION OF FOOD SAFETY
In the FSSC 22000 requirements, food safety is defined as the concept that ultimately, the food will not harm the consumer when it is prepared and/or eaten according to its intended use. The FSSC 22000 further defines requirements for integrated processes that work together to control and minimize food safety hazards.
As part of this commitment GOEX, as a food packaging manufacturer, is required to:
- Create a food safety team
- Assign responsibilities
- Set a food safety policy and support it with goals and objectives
- Provide resources
- Create communication systems
- Establish and sustain an HACCP plan
- Hold management reviews of the system
- Develop and monitor prerequisite programs
- Work to continually improve the system
Once a facility implements processes that address all the requirements above, they can be certified to FSSC 22000. GOEX achieved this important certification in May of 2018 and is now prepared to be your partner in supplying food-safe packaging. Click here for a copy of the GOEX FSSC22000 certificate.
Contact one of our knowledgeable Account Managers to learn how GOEX can help your product packaging be more food safe.