Company Green Practices
Striving to minimize the environmental impact of our products, our sustainability strategy focuses on ensuring operations and business practices are environmentally sound. Our strategy includes continued focus on a zero landfill operating philosophy. The company reprocesses materials by incorporating production scrap and customer returned scrap back into saleable products, avoiding landfills altogether.
We also operate with an environmental climate control system in place. Chilling systems coupled with frigid Wisconsin winter temperatures accomplish 95% of our cooling needs, greatly reducing the need to use outsourced water to cool the production area. This not only conserves a tremendous amount of water, but the constant, precise airflow provides optimal environmental conditions to process and deliver clean consistent plastic products.
GOEX Corporation is proactive in energy conservation, protecting our natural resources, scrap recycling, waste reduction and in developing products that help our customers meet their sustainability and environmental objectives.
Helping Customers Meet Their Goals
- Recycling of internal and customer scrap into functionally re-usable materials such as recycled plastic sheets.
- Offering recycle-content, compostable and bio-based products.
- Emphasizing resins that are RoHS compliant and contain no lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls or polybrominated diphenyl ethers.
Initiatives to Reduce–Reuse–Recycle
Energy Efficient Operations
- Computer-monitored environmental heating, air conditioning and air exchange systems.
- Energy efficient LED fixtures throughout the production facility.
- Motion-sensor lighting and flat-screen computer monitors to save electricity.
Natural Resource Conservation
- Eliminated municipal water supply usage for production equipment by installing a closed-loop chiller system.
- Heat from air compressors and extrusion equipment is used during cold weather to reduce natural gas consumption.
- All materials which cannot be reused are separated and sold to recycling companies rather than transported to a landfill.
- Nearly 100% of the plastic resins in our facility are converted into finished goods, recycled back into saleable finished goods or sold to other plastic processors for reuse.
- Paper, wood and miscellaneous manufacturing outputs are reused or recycled.