Plastic sheet is highly applicable in the modern food packaging industry. Thanks to its many
useful features, food grade plastic sheet is used for a variety of applications in the food
packaging industry, including:
● Condiment portion packaging
● To-go containers
● Hot-fill and cold-fill lids
● Dairy product containers
● Deli packaging
● Individual snack packaging
● Food service portion cups and lids
There are several different types of plastic used in the food packaging industry, each offering
their own advantages.
● High impact polystyrene (HIPS): HIPS is economical, easy to process, has good
impact resistance and dimensional stability, and is FDA compliant, which makes it great
for food applications that require higher impact strength.
● Polypropylene: Polypropylene offers excellent moisture barrier and heat resistance
properties and high stiffness. It is also FDA compliant, microwave safe, dishwasher safe,
and in many instances, freezer compatible. For these reasons, it is often used for take-
out containers, food service-type platters, and freezer applications.
● APET: APET is another material that is widely used in the food packaging industry. It is
FDA compliant, highly recyclable, and provides excellent clarity, which makes it perfect
for showcasing products to consumers.
At GOEX, we supply food grade plastic sheets for a vast array of food packaging applications.
For information about our many product offerings, contact us today at 608-754-3303 or send an
email to email@example.com.